Monday, January 25, 2010

Time flies by

It has been another week, really? It seems to be passing so quickly....

Last week we donated our littlest member of our farm to a low income 4H program for inner city children. He (Lil' Butt) was on their farm one week and passed away. There were no signs of anything wrong while he was here, I am shocked and saddened at this event! It is farm life, but it never gets easier!

We have been clearing more land and making for pasture area and it is looking wonderful and the exercise is amazing! I love this work! It is however an interesting task as there is so much mud and so many puddles to wade through as we have had a record year of rainfall. I am not complaining, as we have had a few years of drought and look forward to see what our garden, and new pasture areas look like this coming year. I look forward to spring - my favorite time - I love to see the new growth, the fresh bright green color on everything, and the smells....

Had an enjoyable weekend this past weekend, Aunt Cora, from S. Carolina came to visit and then we all went to Pinehurst to see more relatives (my second cousin Bill, his wife Joyce and his Mom, Aunt Ruth, who is 97 years old). I loved hearing about my Paternal Grandfather, as he died young. I find I am more and more like him and his side of the family every time I hear new stories and tales. Aunt Cora brought some amazing pictures with her. I got to see more of who my Grandfather was and to see my dad as a boy - SO CUTE! I know I could have been home working and clearing, but I think I needed the time away and learning from whence I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment